We call on candidates and future MEPs to:
Ensure active and healthy ageing and promote well-being for all ages and put pressure on your government to:
- Promote physical and mental health through a life course perspective approach in all EU policies under the coordination of DG SANTE;
- Ensure a strong Health programme and budgetary priority to health promotion, disease prevention and reduction of health inequalities in the EU post 2020 research programme;
- Continue supporting the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing as a key initiative to improve the healthy life year expectancy across the EU;
- Reenergise the Geriatric Medicines Strategy and raise the profile of the Geriatric Expert Group of the European Medicines Agency;
- Provide a robust healthcare infrastructure and use digital innovation at EU level to improve people’s health at all ages while pursuing the objectives set in the Digital Single Market;
- Prioritise the fight against old-age loneliness and social isolation affecting approximately one-third to one-half of the older population and resulting in adverse health conditions.