AGE Platform Europe has released its European Elections toolkit for senior citizens’ organisations. In the toolkit, we develop a few ideas of what you could take part in the public debates that will take place with candidates during the campaign for the elections of the European Parliament.
- Stay informed about the parties’ manifestos and candidates
- Share AGE Manifesto and/or set up your own
- Meet with national candidates standing for elections
- Organise debates, hearings, and conferences with candidates
- Team up with other NGOs at national and local level
- Join ‘This Time, I’m Voting’, the campaign of the Parliament
- Be visible, be vocal (incl. in the press and on social media)
AGE encourages its member organisations to engage with candidates to ensure that newly elected MEPs will take up challenges related to ageing demographics and address pervasive ageism in partnership with older persons’ organisations in the next parliamentary term 2019-2024.AGE European Elections Toolkit
The Toolkit also provides:
- Tools and templates to get you hands on!
- Background information about the European Parliament
- Links to Manifestos of major European Parties