The European Centre has recently published a report, ‘Towards a rights-based approach in long-term care: Building an index of rights-based policies for older people in Europe’ which presents the findings of the Rights of Older People Index (ROPI) and the Scoreboard on Outcome Indicators, as well as policy recommendations for twelve EU Member States.
Together with the European Center, AGE is organising an event in the European Parliament to demonstrate why a human rights-based approach is needed in long-term care policies across the EU. Hosted by MEP Milan Brglez (S&D Group), our joint event will also discuss with different stakeholders what practical tools could help in the development and assessment of policies to respond best to the social, economic and political challenges of an ageing population.
Target group: Policy makers, policy experts, NGOs.
To register, please fill this form by 3 March 2020
(due to the limited capacity of the room, your registration will be confirmed, once you receive the confirmation email, not later than 4 March 2020)
- MEP Milan Brglez, S&D Group
- Kai Leichsenring, Executive Director, European Centre
- Katarina Ivankovic Knezevic, Director for Social Affairs, European Commission
- Kristoffer Lundberg, Deputy Director, Swedish Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
- Marie-Dominique Parent, Human Rights Officer, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Anne-Sophie Parent, Secretary General, AGE Platform Europe
- Ricardo Rodrigues, Deputy Director, European Centre
- Magdi Birtha, Researcher, European Centre
Magdi Birtha, firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Wadoux, email@example.com