Closing the four-year work programme of the ROSEnet Cost Action – Reducing Old-Age Social Exclusion – the event will present new, evidence-based policy messages adressing old age exclusion and targeting major participation domains: civic; social; economic; services; and neighbourhoods and communities. It will also present a roadmap for research and policy collaboration that advances the capacity of national and EU institutions to manage demographic ageing in a fair and just manner.
The discussions will furthermore assist in informing the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights and its principles related to older adult inclusion.
This conference is organised in cooperation with AGE Platform Europe.
Venue: European Committee of the Regions, 99 Rue Belliard, 101, 1040 Bruxelles
Read more & register
For further information on this event and AGE involvement in ROSEnet, please contact Maciej Kucharczyk, email@example.com
The European Centre has recently published a report, ‘Towards a rights-based approach in long-term care: Building an index of rights-based policies for older people in Europe’ which presents the findings of the Rights of Older People Index (ROPI) and the Scoreboard on Outcome Indicators, as well as policy recommendations for twelve EU Member States.
Together with the European Center, AGE is organising an event in the European Parliament to demonstrate why a human rights-based approach is needed in long-term care policies across the EU. Hosted by MEP Milan Brglez (S&D Group), our joint event will also discuss with different stakeholders what practical tools could help in the development and assessment of policies to respond best to the social, economic and political challenges of an ageing population.
Target group: Policy makers, policy experts, NGOs.
View here the agenda
To register, please fill this form by 3 March 2020
(due to the limited capacity of the room, your registration will be confirmed, once you receive the confirmation email, not later than 4 March 2020)
- MEP Milan Brglez, S&D Group
- Kai Leichsenring, Executive Director, European Centre
- Katarina Ivankovic Knezevic, Director for Social Affairs, European Commission
- Kristoffer Lundberg, Deputy Director, Swedish Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
- Marie-Dominique Parent, Human Rights Officer, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Anne-Sophie Parent, Secretary General, AGE Platform Europe
- Ricardo Rodrigues, Deputy Director, European Centre
- Magdi Birtha, Researcher, European Centre
Magdi Birtha, firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Wadoux, email@example.com
The Members of the European Parliament Intergroup Subgroup on Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations release and endorse the joint statement below for the International Day of Older Persons and the kick-off of the “Ageing Equal” campaign.
- VAN NISTELROOIJ Lambert (EPP/Christen Democratisch Appèl, Netherlands, Co-Chair
- BECKER Heinz K. (EPP/Österreichische Volkspartei, Austria), Co-Chair
- KUKAN Eduard (EPP/Independent, Slovakia), Vice-Chair
- VAJGL Ivo (ALDE/DeSUS, Slovenia), Vice-Chair
- ENIFEI Brando (S&D/Partido Democratico, Italy)
- KONEČNÁ Kateřina (GUE-NGL/Komunistická strana Cech a Moravy, Czech Republic)
- PIETIKÄINEN Sirpa (EPP/Kansallinen Kokoomus, Finland)
- RIBEIRO Sofia (EPP/Partido Social Democrata, Portugal)
“The 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is a great reminder that human rights remain equally valid as the time passes. Similarly, no one should be denied her or his human rights because of age.
Building on the momentum of the celebrations surrounding this 70th anniversary, the “Ageing Equal” campaign kicking off today, on the International Day of Older Persons, gives the European Parliament the occasion to take a strong stand against ageism.
Several policy initiatives – first and foremost the European Pillar of Social Rights – give the European Union the opportunity to take action to protect and promote older persons’ rights and equality in old age.
Members of the European Parliament, in particular of the Intergroup Subgroup on Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations, warmly welcome these 70 days of debate and action that will invite all Europeans to reflect and challenge the perceptions of society on ageing. Time has come to ensure that social justice and equality apply to all of us also when we reach old age!“
More information about the ‘Ageing Equal’ campaign